The Kentucky State Police held its annual sworn awards ceremony in Lexington last week to honor 75 troopers and officers with achievement awards for acts of bravery and service that occurred in 2021.
Five troopers from Post 15 in Columbia, which serves Russell and surrounding counties, were among those honored:
- Senior Trooper Weston Sullivan was named 2021 Post 15 Trooper of the Year.
- Detective Nicholas Davis was named 2021 Post 15 Detective of the Year.
- Trooper Austin Mattingly received the KSP Citation for Meritorious Service.
- Senior Trooper Brandon Roark received the KSP Citation for Bravery.
- Sergeant Jason Morris received the KSP Lifesaving Medal.
At the event, Post 15 Commander Captain Bradley Stotts commended the efforts of his troopers over the past year.