An enrollment period for the LIHEAP Crisis Component begins January 9th and runs through the end of March or until available funds have been expended. The purpose of the program is to assist households who are at risk of or currently experiencing a home heating crisis.
The LIHEAP Crisis Component program is administered by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services in partnership with Community Action Kentucky agencies across the state.
Applications will be accepted during the enrollment period on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Individuals can apply through the Lake Cumberland Community Action Agency and all applicants will be required to supply the following documentation:
- Proof of Social Security Number or Permanent Residence card (Green Card) for each member of the household.
- Proof of all household’s (all members) income from the preceding month.
- The account number and name on the account for main heating fuel sources and electric bill.
- Most current heating bill, statement from your landlord if heating expenses are included in your rent, or a statement from utility company if you participate in a Pre-Pay Electric Program.
- Applicants requesting assistance for natural gas or electric must bring a disconnect/past due notice (example: arrearage payment plan, past due notice, termination notice, or final notice).
- If your rent includes heat you must bring a copy of your lease and eviction notice.
- Applicants who participate in a Pre-Pay Electric Program must bring a statement from the utility company that shows they have 10 days or less of pre-paid electric service.
For more information, call 270-343-4565.