Adair fair board to receive funds to build new restrooms

The Adair County Fair Board was awarded more than $90,000 for a new restroom building, the Kentucky Department of Agriculture announced on Monday.

The exact total comes to $92,325 and was among five fair boards in the state to receive the grants. Marion County’s fair board received $100,000 for the demolition of an old building and construction of a new building to house restrooms, a concession stand and an office area.

Any incorporated fair board in Kentucky may apply with the State Aid to Local Agricultural Fairs Program for grants in the amount of $10,000 to $100,000. Each grant will fund 75 percent of the total cost of the project, with the local fair board matching the other 25 percent. Each project must be started within 90 days of the date the project was awarded and must be completed within nine months.

Grants may be used for infrastructure or facility improvements, capital construction, or purchase of non-permanent tangible items such as bleachers or restaurant equipment.

The Kentucky County Fair Council reviews the applications and selects the winning proposals.

For more information about the State Aid to Local Agricultural Fairs Program, go to