Margaret Anne Popplewell, age 86, of Russell Springs, KY passed away Saturday, October 01 2022 at Clark Regional Medical Center.
She was born on Thursday, August 27 1936, in Youngstown, Ohio.
She was the daughter of:
Mother – Effie Venora Yoder Martin, who has preceded her in death
Father – Paul E. Martin, who has preceded her in death
Survivors also include:
- Linda McGowan, spouse Carlos, of Jamestown KY
- Karen Zimmerman, spouse Bill, of Waynesville NC
- Lori Stephens, spouse Danny, of Russell Springs KY
- Anita Kacar, spouse Stan, of Fredricktown OH
- Brenda Dial, spouse Billy, of Russell Springs KY
- Jack Shaffer, spouse Devon, of Harrodsburg KY.
- John Popplewell, spouse Lisa, of Russell Springs KY.
- Paul Popplewell, spouse Debbi, of Versailles KY.
- Oscar Betancourt, of LaGrange KY.
She is also survived by 32 grandchildren,33 great-grandchildren and seven great-great grandchildren also survive. She was a yard care worker and attended Bernard Ridge Church of God. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Johnny Popplewell and three grandchildren Jimmie Johnson, Tosha Foley, Shawn Popplewell and her beloved cat Tiger. Pallbearers: Carlos McGowan, Bill Zimmerman, Jack Shaffer, Billy Dial, Paul Popplewell and John Popplewell and one Honorary Pallbearer Stan Kacar.
Funeral services will be 10 AM Wednesday, October 05 2022 at Bernard Ridge Church of God, 241 Stephens Ridge Road, Russell Springs, KY.
Visitation will be 5:00 PM Tuesday, October 04 2022 at Bernard Ridge Church of God, 241 Stephens Ridge Road, Russell Springs, KY.
Visitation will also be held Wednesday from 8:00 AM until time for services at 10 AM at Bernard Ridge Church of God.
Interment will be in Flanagan Cemetery, Jamestown, KY.
Bro. Daniel Stephens
Wilson Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.