Two Russell Springs men were arrested on felony charges in neighboring Adair County this past Friday, according to the Adair County Sheriff’s Department.
Following an observed traffic violation on KY 92, Deputy Derek Padgett initiated a traffic stop on a 2001 Toyota 4Runner at the intersection of KY 55 south and the Veterans Memorial Bypass.
During a roadside investigation, heroin, methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia and a firearm were located inside the vehicle and, as a result, both the driver and passenger were arrested.
Andrew Bolin, 35, was charged with:
- Driving on a DUI suspended license
- Failure to maintain insurance
- No registration
- Possession of a firearm by convicted felon
Preston Sneed, 29, was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance 1st degree methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance 1st degree heroin
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Deputy Padgett was assisted at the scene by Adair County Sheriff Josh Brockman.
Both men were lodged in the Adair County Regional Jail.