Adair County woman dies in house fire

An Adair County woman died in a house fire late last week.

According to reports, 74-year-old Darlene Wick passed away in the fire at her home on Sulpher Springs Road, about 8 miles north of Columbia.

Crews were called out to the fire at about 5:30 a.m. Thursday and fire crews were able to get the fire under control, but Wick was found deceased in a back bedroom of the home.

The fire is believed to have started in the back bedroom and an investigation shows that 3 space heaters, one kerosene and the other two electric, were being used regularly, according to fire officials.


About Zac Oakes 3668 Articles
Zac Oakes is the News and Sports Director for and Laker Country WJRS 104.9 FM.