Eight people were indicted by an Adair County grand jury recently.
Those indicted included the following individuals:
- Steven A. Swift on charges of fleeing or evading police first degree, wanton endangerment of a police officer, fleeing or evading police on foot, leaving the scene of an accident, and being a persistent felony offender.
- Chasity Michelle Mann, also known as Chasity Deering or Chasity Wright, on charges of identity theft and insurance fraud less than $10,000.
- Douglas Edward Lawson on charges of wanton endangerment first degree and menacing.
- Gregory Wayne Richardson on charges of criminal mischief first degree, assault fourth degree, and public intoxication.
- Christopher D. Smothers on charges of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, receiving a stolen firearm, and being a persistent felony offender.
- Amanda Dawn Graham on a charge of theft of services between $1,000 and $10,000.
- Catherine Green on a charge of criminal abuse in the second degree with a victim under the age of 12.
- Eugene Gregory Wilson on two counts of sodomy first degree and sexual abuse first degree with a victim under the age of 12.
An indictment is a legal accusation. It does not imply guilt or innocence.