The Lake Cumberland District Health Department has begun administering COVID-19 booster vaccines for those who are immunocompromised.
Those groups include persons who:
- are receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood;
- received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress their immune systems;
- received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress their immune system;
- have moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, WiskottAldrich syndrome);
- have advanced or untreated HIV infection;
- are undergoing active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that suppress their immune response.
If you fall into one of these categories and would like to receive the COVID booster vaccine, contact the Russell County Health Department at 270-343-2181.