Many Russell County residents use Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital for certain healthcare needs.
The hospital said Friday it will expand its visitor policy to allow one well patient per day starting today at its main campus, all facilities, and Lake Cumberland physician practices:
- Patients will be allowed one WELL visitor per day, including one companion for ambulatory appointments and one support person for labor & delivery patients. Again, we ask our community to limit visitors to one person, per day.
- All visitors must be 12 years of age or older.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask, at all times, while within the facility.
- Visitors who have symptoms of COVID-19 including signs of respiratory infection or flu, new loss of taste or smell, or who have had close contact with a person who is positive or presumptive positive for COVID-19 should NOT enter Lake Cumberland facilities.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Please continue to utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
- Visitors are not allowed for hospitalized patients between 9 PM and 6 AM.
- LCRH will compassionately evaluate exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis such as those needed for end-of-life care and patients with dementia or other forms of altered mental status.