According to the Adair County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy Joey Keith initiated a traffic stop just before 9:30 pm Wednesday night after receiving numerous complaints of a 2001 Ford car being driven by 37-year-old Levi Abbott possibly involved in drug activity around the Snake Creek Area.
After a roadside investigation that led to the search of the vehicle, deputies found Abbott to be in possession of 1.3 pounds of crystal methamphetamine that has a street value of over $30,000, along with scales, pills, and a large amount of cash.
He was also in possession of a stolen handgun.
Abbott was arrested and charged with
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of a stolen firearm
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs.
Abbott was lodged in the Adair County regional jail.
Deputy Keith was assisted by Chief Deputy Jason Cross and Deputy Derek Padgett.