Korean War Veterans Could be Awarded

The Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs and the Republic of South Korea are issuing Korean War Veterans “Ambassador for Peace” Medallions and Certificates.

Frank Irvin with the Russell County Honor Guard said to receive the Medallion and Certificate, veterans must submit an application before August 15.

To be eligible, the veterans must have served during the Korean War from June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953. It is also available for the veterans who have participated in UN peacekeeping operations until the end of 1955. The commemorative medals may be awarded posthumously. The next of kin, such as the spouse or descendants may apply for the medal on behalf of a deceased veteran. In order to apply for this commemorative medal, veterans or their family members have to complete the application form. Veterans must provide a copy of the Veteran’s Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty along with their application form for verification purpose.

If you have any questions, please contact April Brown at 502-782-5735 or kyvets@ky.gov and for an application contact Frank Irvin at 270-566-4334.

About Sean Hammond 2978 Articles
Sean Hammond is the host of "Sean at Dawn Monday thru Friday from 5:00 to 9:00 am and a contributor to lakercountry.com.