FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM CST/4 PM EST/ THIS AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE…Portions of SOUTH CENTRAL Kentucky and south central Kentucky, including the following areas, in SOUTH CENTRAL Kentucky, Casey. In south central Kentucky, Adair, Clinton, Cumberland, Metcalfe, Monroe and Russell.
* WHEN…Until 300 PM CST /400 PM EST/.
* IMPACTS…Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– At 1149 AM CST /1249 PM EST/, Doppler radar indicated moderate to occasionally heavy rain. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the advisory area.
Between 1 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen. Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
flooding. Some locations that will experience flooding include… Liberty, Columbia, Tompkinsville, Albany, Jamestown,
Edmonton, Burkesville, Leslie, Russell Springs and Gamaliel. http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood
Turn around, don’t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.