Several persons were indicted Tuesday by the Russell County Grand Jury. In addition to the indictments announced yesterday, the following persons were indicted:
• Daniel Muthig, age 28 of Russell Springs, along with 29 year old Christopher Grady and 53 year old Sascha Hunt, both of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, were charged with two counts of Theft by Unlawful Taking and four counts of Burglary, third degree. Muthig was also charged with three counts of fleeing or evading police, second degree; two counts of criminal mischief, first degree. Hunt was also charged with possession of a controlled substance and promoting contraband, first degree. These charges stem from an incident on June 24th when a vehicle was reportedly stolen from a Russell Springs convenient store and a subsequent police chase down Old Sano Road in Russell Springs.
• Gilbert Pitman, age 53 of Somerset, was charged with Theft of Identity and being a Persistent Felony Offender, first degree.
• 42 year old Tamara Conover of Russell Springs was charged with possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and two misdemeanors.
• Thalon Warner, age 23 of Liberty, was charged with Receiving Stolen Property over $500.
• 38 year old Michael Carr of Russell Springs was charged with Burglary, second degree, and misdemeanor offenses.
• Tony Huff, age 37 of Liberty, was charged with Burglary, second degree; Tampering with Physical Evidence, and being a Persistent Felony Offender, first degree.
Persons are reminded that an indictment does not imply guilt or innocence, but that further court action is necessary. All persons charged are presumed innocent.