The department responded around 6:30 pm to Popplewell Street, where a mobile home had recently been destroyed by fire. According to Jamestown Fire Chief Jeff Landers, a crew that was cleaning up the area had struck a natural gas line while doing so. The fire department had closed down the road 100 feet from the location on both ends of the street. The road was closed till officials with the gas company came and shut off the gas.
Landers told WJRS news six firemen responded to the scene and were at the location for an hour and fifteen minutes.