A smoke detector is being credited with helping save the life of an Eli woman. Just after 9:00 p.m. Friday, members of the Eli Fire Department responded to an active alarm at the Glenna Blair residence on Clear Fork Road. Upon arrival firemen observed a car in the driveway and the alarm was still sounding. Firefighters gained entry into the residence and immediately noticed a light haze of smoke. Further investigation revealed a towel and carpet on fire….and Blair sleeping.
The fire was quickly extinguished. Blair was checked at the scene by local EMS personnel but did not require additional medical treatment.
On Saturday morning, at 6:27, the firemen were called to a garage fire on Dudley Creek Road. When they arrived the garage was nearly engulfed in flames and which were near mobile home.
The fire was brought under control and then extinguished quickly, preventing damage to the mobile home.
However, two boats, two jet skis, a truck and the garage were destroyed.