Lake Cumberland's Best Country
August 9, 2011
The Russell County Grand Jury “handed up” indictments Tuesday against a dozen individuals ranging from “Manufacturing Methamphetamine” to “Assault” and “Non-Payment of Child Support”.
According to Circuit Court records, the following persons were formally charged with criminal offenses by the Grand Jury:
- Devin Pevely, age 27….Darren Neat, age 42….and Dustin Pevely, age 24….each are charged with Manufacturing Methamphetamine. Additionally, Neat has been charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance and with Being A Persistent Felony Offender
- Joey Murphy, age 30….charged with three counts of Wanton Endangerment
- Kevin Glover, age 40….charged with Trafficking In A Controlled Substance
- Ricky Simpson, age 38….charged with Being A Persistent Felony Offender
- Virginia Huddleston, age 44….charged with Theft By Deception Over $500
- Melissa Roy, age 33….Bill Peterson, age 44….and Jerry Padgett, age 43….are each charged with Flagrant Non-Support of a Child and with Being A Persistent Felony Offender
- Christopher Eastham, age 30….charged with Flagrant Non-Support of a Child
- Eddie Pierce, age 23….charged with Assault 4th Degree
WJRS NEWS reminds you that an “indictment” by a Grand Jury is a legal accusation and “does not”imply guilt. An “indictment” means “probable cause” was established for these charges and further court action is warranted.