Lake Cumberland's Best Country
June 8, 2011
Tuesday night’s activities at the Russell County Jaycee Fair began with the mule pulls at 5 pm and the lawn mower and small car demolition derby at 7 pm. Also going on throughout the evening were wood carving showcases. The carnival was open yet again for families, friends and children of all ages.
Click Here for Photos from the RC Jaycee Fair (photos by Alex Hoover, WJRS)
Results from the Championship Mule Pull are as follows:
- 2000 lb. Class: 1st, Perry Glass; 2nd, Mark Speck; 3rd, Burton/Kirby/Greer; 4th, Eddie Copley; 5th, Mark Speck; 6th, Burton/Greer; 7th, Greg White; and 8th, Moore/Hardin.
- 2200 lb. Class: 1st, Beaty/Lancaster; 2nd, Danny Grubb; 3rd, Speck/Burton/Greer; 4th, Mark Speck; 5th, Perry Glass; 6th, Joey Ellis; and 7th, Sandlon Gray.
- 2500 lb Class: 1st, Burton/Greer; 2nd, Beaty/Lancaster; 3rd, Wallace Gassway; 4th, Copley/Roy; 5th, Burton/Greer; 6th, Grubb/Ellis; 7th, W.E. & Annette King; 8th, Donnie Branham; and 9th, Mark Shives.
Results form the Lawn Mower Derby are as follows:
- 1st, Mike Chumbley; 2nd, Richard Eads; 3rd, Gavin McWhorter; 4th, Jonathan Bernard; and 5th, Jimmy Wardle.
Results from the Small Car Demolition Derby are as follows:
- Modified Cars: 1st, Jackie Passmore; 2nd, Raymond Passmore; 3rd, Barney Passmore; 4th, Michael Grimsley; 5th, Jeffrey Stargel; 6th, Bryan Rose; 7th, Andy Passmore; and 8th, Shawn Birdwell.
- Stock Cars: 1st, Shawn Birdwell; 2nd, Andy Passmore; 3rd, Jeremy Brown; 4th, Jymmye Oakes; 5th, Lance Coleman; 6th, Nathan Luttrell; and 7th, Barry Burton.